Wednesday 25 March 2015

Climb every mountain

2 weeks ago I attempted to climb Ben Nevis, the highest peak in the UK. I didn't make it to the top, but it was hard to be disappointed when I was surrounded with such beauty of the environment and some fabulous people.
It made me realise how unfit I had become and how dense my energy was,  and how heavy it was making me feel.... I wasn't using all of the energy I had the capacity to. I was wasting energy.... I was waiting for things to happen, disappointed when they didn't... and yet here I was, climbing a mountain.
I made a pact there and then that I wasn't going to waste any more time or energy on things I didn't want to do, with people that drained my stores. I was going to come back and make concious decisions about what I would benefit from rather than what I would find damaging.
I would challenge myself every day and I would take much better care of the body I had been given. I was taking advantage of the vehicle that was eventually going to get me where I wanted to be... how annoying would it be if I had the drive to do something but didn't have the health to try ? So this was it. I came back not just feeling accomplished, but refreshed and invigorated. I have already made changes to my lifestyle. And signed up for a half marathon in 6 months. (Oh, and I'm climbing Ben Nevis again in October to see if I can get to the summit with this renewed vigour I have).

No comments:

Post a Comment